Saturday, March 7, 2009

Canine Family Pictures

For some unknown reason, I just can't bring myself to post on the blog without pictures. So....since I still haven't found the charger for the camera, here are some of my favorite pictures of the Branson/Ward canine clan.

Of course, it all started with the big R. I'm thinking it was his amorous adventure with Nuttie that threw out his back. That sounds so much better than "he jumped off the couch", "he was playing and turned wrong"....you get my drift. It sounds so much better to say, "He was all over this beautiful doxie and boom, his back went out".
It's hard to believe that Nuttie is the mom of this beautiful little black bundle of joy who (can't seem to keep her ear going the right direction). Nisie is bigger than Nuttie and might also be a little larger than her dad. I didn't think to measure them when I had them together a few months back.
Here are the boys. It's not very often I get a picture of them. So this is rare indeed. Coco is in the front and is a little darker than the picture shows. Cole is jet black like Nisie but has a larger and longer nose. When he was a pup, I accused him of being jewish or English because he had this large hump in the middle of it. Somewhere along the line, it smoothed out and he grew into it.

This picture just makes me laugh. Cole likes to sit by the window and watch people go by. The way he sits just cracks me up. Look at that little Buddha belly. Isn't it hilarious?

I think I'm lucky because I get to see the pups Nuttie and Ringo created. I just didn't have the heart to sell them to strangers. I don't know how people could do that.

You spend all night helping deliver them. You spend the next month or so on the couch watching over them and making sure the littlest one gets fed. How can you possibly let them go to strangers? Yep, I'd make a lousy breeder.

The gene pool is a confusing little crap shoot. Breed a black long hair Dapple with a short hair Piebald and not a spot on any of the pups. Although Cole has this fuzzy little tuft of hair on his head that screams Ringo. LOL!

I seem to have two ways of working on large projects. The first is I stick with it until its done not taking breaks or eating and working late into the night. Or, I start it, after an hour or two I don't see much improvement so I quit and go waste the rest of the day.

Hope you enjoyed the family pics. They made me smile and put me in an upbeat mood. I think I'll head out for a P&J sandwich and slowly tackle a project or two or three. LOL!


2 comments:

Wudas said...

I tackle the smallest project first so that I have a feeling of accomplishment. If I don't have a "small" project I do the thing that shows the most first so I have some visual gratification. Of course that only happens if my organization genes are working. That's pretty much of a crap shoot.

Shannon said...

I'm organized so I usually get most of the stuff done that I want to get done during my day. I like to do the stuff that I have to do first, then I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want.