Thursday, February 19, 2009

Canyon Fog

So yesterday I post some pictures of the cool fog in the valley and say how I like it when it's thicker so I can't see the new homes but I'm in the sun.  Well, wouldn't you know it?  I woke up this morning to exactly what I love.  The fog was thicker in the valley and I can't see any of the homes.  This is pretty much the same picture I took yesterday where you could see the houses.
See how cool it is when the sun is coming up and we enjoy it beauty rising but the valley on the three sides are socked in fog?  The nice thing is, the fog will burn off where it is and not rise to our level.  I'm always in awe of Mother Nature's powers.
When I was taking pictures this morning I saw this nest in the tree outside the dining room window.  It's hard to tell but it's larger than a 1 gallon bucket in circumference and about 3/4 it's height.  Definitely not for a hummingbird!

I'm going to have to keep a watch on it and see if a bird deposits her eggs in it this year.  I'm thinking it's either for one of the crows (the ones we have are huge) or possibly one of the owls.  Whatever it is, it's really big and cool!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the fog photos. They are wonderful.

Wudas said...

The photos are great! If that nest is really, really, high in a tree, it looks large enough to be a hawk's nest.