Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stressful Friday.

Yesterday was very stressful so I thought I'd start out with this little guy who was standing on the back lawn staring at me in the office. Sorry it isn't a sharp picture but I had to take it through the glass door and screen. He took off seconds after shooting this. What a beauty!

Are ya seeing why I don't have plants in the yard? And they've taken to eating the back lawn so it's almost gone. I told Dave we should look into fake lawn for that spot.

Yesterday was very stressful. D showed up at work very upset, he quit his new job. Turns out the owner was a Jekyl and Hyde. He was a yeller who talked down to you and made you feel stupid. D figured he got enough of that crap at Home Depot, he didn't need it 40 hours a week.

He was so upset it broke my heart. The good/bad news is, he didn't quit HD. He told them he'll work weekends. I think he's going to leave it that way for a little while because he's got a summer job working on the neighbors yard and rebuilding their deck and now our friend in Australia wants us to find 10 cars for him. So, we'll have a little income coming in and he'll keep busy. He's still looking for a full time job so keep your ears open.
This is where I work. I'm supposed to be at the front desk in the mornings but the girl who is to be covering the afternoons has been training on her new job and hasn't made it out there yet. I've been covering full time for 4 weeks now so the work in my cubicle has been piling up. Literally. My boss said she put some filing on the stack I had sitting there and it fell over so she started a second pile. Friday I noticed there's a third stack now.

She's been fabulous about my falling behind and knows I'll catch up once my afternoon replacement can step in and help. It's just my cubicle is always current and clean, so she's not used to seeing me fall behind but knows I can't be two places at once.
If you always wondered what's behind that reception desk, here it is. Not much to see. Although Friday I took out the rinky dink little cabinet on the left and put in a locking two drawer file cabinet. Sometimes Janeen and I need to work on something confidential so I figured a locking cabinet made sense. So this area is much more organized and cleaner now.
This is the reception area for guests. It's a bit sparse and I've been promised a nice coffee table to fill in the space but it's not appeared yet. Friday I switched the plants around so the big one is on the left away from the window. It keeps stopping the curtains from raising and lowering. And, it's getting burned from the sun.
This has got to be one of the prettiest parking lots to view. During the winter when the trees didn't have leaves, I had a view of the hills. It was beautiful. Now if you don't like gross stuff, don't look any farther than the picture below.
This is another view of outside my window.
This is the bear's butt. She had an anal gland rupture Friday. D didn't notice it. He had dealt with Nissie getting a foxtail up her nose and a trip to the vet which also resulted in her getting her teeth cleaned and 4 pulled. A $600 visit. CRAP!

Anyway, the bear hasn't been feeling very well. She went to the vet a week ago and we thought it was a tumor or pulled muscle or arthritus. Good news, it wasn't a tumor! Bad news, she has two huge holes in her poor tush. I called the vet last night just before 6 when I got home and noticed it. She said to put hot compresses on it and bring her in this morning at 8:40. The bear is loving the hot compresses. I took this picture a few minutes ago avoiding making you have to look in the big holes. She looks like she's been shot in the butt with an arrow and it was a through and through. Last night it was much more swollen and uglier.

Well, speaking of the vet. I've got to go get the dog and get out of here. I am so glad Friday is over!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow! That's a crazy Friday. I hope the rest of your week improves. Good for Uncle Dave for not putting up with his new bosses jerky attitude. Too many people put up with that kind of behaviour just because they need the job. Will's old boss used to yell and use the f word when he was mad. I was shocked when Will told me this. I've seen my own supervisor yell and use the f word. I just don't think that's appropiate behavior in a boss. It doesn't make your employees like you, or want to do a good job.

Wudas said...

Good call for Dave. I know it was probably tough for him to walk away from a full time job but a boss like that will affect your health and mental attitude. I hope Dave carefully explained why he left. In big, polite, quiet words.

Poor Bear! Getting old ain't for the weak or faint of heart.

Kelly O said...

Good for Uncle Dave, no job is worth letting someone treat you with disrespect. Did you keep your ad posted so he will get another opportunity?

Poor Bear butt! I hope he is feeling much better soon.