Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tired and Sore

Today was a tough day.  I've been moving slow because I hurt my back yesterday and am having trouble moving without pain.  I spent the morning drugged up and in bed but felt it made sense to move around.

D & I decided we'd take the dogs for a walk in the park.  We need to get Nisie socialized so she'll quit being scared and growling at strangers.  As you can see, it's a horrible park but we suffered through having to spend time there.
Luckily, D doesn't bother reading my blog or I'd be in trouble for posting this picture.  As you can tell, hanging around the park was exhausting so we had to nap after eating our picnic lunch.
Ahhhh....here's the reason for hurting my back.  For some reason I was under the illusion I was still in my 20's so I turned all the dirt over in this area and planted my tomatoes.  Uncle Leonard would be proud of me but D isn't happy with the hurt back, sunburn and hurt thigh I'm suffering from today.  

For some reason, he's under the impression I over did it yesterday.  I think I'll divide the rest of the garden into thirds and tackle a little at a time.  That is once I can bend over again.

The hurt will be well worth it when I eat my first tomato sandwich of the season.  OH YEAH...that will be absolute heaven.  I'll even take a pill so I can put Best Foods Mayo on the bread and not get a migraine.  Yep, I've been dreaming of this for quite some time now.
I just came in from checking on the tomato plants to see if anything ate them last night.  We'll, it's an official record.  They made it 24 hours without being eaten by bugs, rabbits or deer.  YAHOO!

Look at my little grape vines I planted at the end of the summer last year.  I wasn't quite sure if they'd survive because they were pretty sickly when I planted them.  These two are looking good.  The one on the other side of the gate (not shown) is a little anemic.  I'm hoping it'll perk up and become a real plant someday.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

Watch out for those grapes. They sneak up on you and get big in no time at all. Or is it that time is moving too fast these days.

Shannon said...

Looks like you and Uncle Dave had a tough time relaxing at the park.