Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day

Well, it's a bit late but I finally got the Mother's Day gift C and I bought mom to her.  Just when you figure how long shipping will be, someone throws a wrench in the works to mess things up.  Oh well, better late then never.

Check out this keyboard.  It's for the visually impaired.    When I worked for the Bank I used to order checks for the visually impaired and they loved them.  They were huge, yellow like the keyboard with big black lettering.

When I saw this keyboard last month, it just screamed mom.  I got it all set up for her to make sure it works.  She told me she wasn't writing emails because she couldn't see the keys on her black keyboard.  I didn't know that before I bought this.  Now she doesn't have an excuse for not keeping in contact with us.  Hint...hint...mom.

We also had a nice quiet lunch at Chili's.  Boy, I've got to tell ya, I had the chicken tenders and they really were.  Tender.  Usually they're dry but these were moist and juicy.  I brought some home in my little lunch bag.  The server was nice enough to fill a zip lock bag with ice for me so the chicken was nice and fresh when I got home.  Guess I know what I'm having for dinner.

Y'all keep a watch out for those emails from mom on her new keyboard!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That's a cool looking keyboard. I hope that it does help Gran to see better. You're right, now she has no excuse for surfing the web or sending and answering emails.

Wudas said...

I think she's forgotten how to type.