Sunday, May 10, 2009

Desk and Ruby Ring

There are a couple of things I don't like about my desk....the opening for my chair isn't wide enough.  The slide out shelf sits on top of my right top drawer so the drawer has to be open to use it.  Which means my knees won't fit under it.

What I absolutely love is.....the drawers don't go the entire depth of the opening.  I have a bit of air space where I can hide my surge protector and have all my power cords disappear through the hole in the top of my desk.  Now that's just simply convenient.
I was plugging in my new printer in hopes of getting it up and running but ran into a little snag.  Make that two little snags.  When I got on my knees to get into the opening to plug in the new baby, I was instantly attacked by these frightening beasts.  You can see Nuttie has a hold of my finger and  Nisie is trying to figure how she does that and doesn't get scolded. 

Actually, Nuttie will grab hold of your hand (when given the chance) and try and walk you around the room.  It's hilarious and she never bites down hard. Just enough force to gently guide you where she wants you to go.  Needless to say, I had to give up on the project until the little beasts wore themselves out playing.
Yesterday I went to a bridal shower.  It was rather cool.  It was small and intimate which was nice because the last shower I went to was in a rented hall with about 70 women in attendance.  Talk about not the least bit fun.  It took forever for the expectant mother to open the gifts.  To say everyone lost interest after 20 minutes was an understatement.

Anyway....I digress....at yesterdays shower there were  only 9 of us.  It was great.  Each one of us was a character and we had to come as that character.  I was Ruby Ring who thought she had fashion sense but really didn't.  I figured, she had a little fashion sense but always went a bit to far and added that splash of gaudy.   Hence the canary yellow with the perfectly matched red/black dress and hat.

What you can't see is the great plastic WalMart jewelry I bought.  It was made from all the colors of the rainbow.  Necklaces, ear rings and bracelets.  Now I've got something for Taylor to wear and play with next time she  comes over.

Anyway, this was a mystery...who done it and a lot of fun.  The shower was an afternoon tea served in courses, soup, salad, finger sandwiches, dessert then cake.  At each course someone would read who they were and their story.  Each of us had jewelry stolen and we had to figure who the thief was.   
The downside to taking pictures is you never end up in any of them.  Then of course there's the fat factor.  I always look fat in pictures so I hate them.  I thought for the fun of it I'd take my own picture.  It actually turned out to be one of the better ones of me.

Now I know the secret to looking thin and younger in a picture.  Put on to much make-up.  Pop a hat with a veil on your head.  Wrap a boa around your pudgy little neck to hid all the chins.   Well it worked for me!  LOL!

Today my beautiful daughter will be picking me up to take me to lunch for Mom's Day.  It's going to be great.  We haven't seen each other in a few weeks so it's time to play catch up.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU ALL!

1 comment:

Wudas said...

I'm taking your makeup tips to heart!