Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yawn....just stuff

Last Saturday a bunch of us got together and moved mom out of her one bedroom apartment to a studio downstairs.

Nana and Sue and their crew kicked butt packing up everything and had the guys bring it downstairs to Andrea and I.
I told Sue I was going to put this on my blog and make fun of her sitting while everyone else is working. She didn't believe me and doesn't read the blog so I'm safe following through with my threat.

The only thing is, she's sitting and resting after helping Nana pack up the apartment. So she's sitting in an empty unit.

I just thought I'd be a brat and make it look like she does nothing. That's what little sisters are put on this earth to do....annoy big sisters.
Andrea and I got the downstairs all assembled and ready just in case mom can come home from the con home. Nana is putting on the final touches by hanging the pictures. I understand she bought bedding so it should look really nice now.
I pretty much worked in the bedroom and bathroom. I didn't envy Andrea tackling the kitchen. It's a tedious job and she did it with humor and hard work.
I've been working constantly and just poop out when I get home from work. I've tried to tackle the Christmas decorations but couldn't seem to get far. A couple of days before going to mom's I was able to at least stash the last of the Christmas decorations in my bedroom.
Sunday, D gave me a hand putting some of the stuff away. Although he tried to help, between my putting the stuff away myself and his injured wrists, he gave up.
When I buy stuff, I keep the original boxes so they can store safely. That drives D. nuts. I think it's one of the reasons he gave up. He wanted to just put stuff in boxes and call it quits. But each of my boxes are labeled on the outside what room the decorations are for and exactly what's in the box.

That was just too much tedious organization for his tastes. That must explain the difference between the inside of the house and the garage. Hahahahaha!
I thought I'd be working until it got dark but actually finished at dinner time. The sun was just starting to go down and I couldn't see straight.
I grabbed the camera, took some pictures and then crashed on the bed with my Kindle. I fell asleep mid chapter and didn't wake up until D had me come and eat dinner. Then I tried to watch TV and off to bed I went.

I look at this picture and now I need to go center the hope chest at the end of the bed. That's driving me nuts. Hopefully this summer I'll get up the gumption to finish the headboard. It looks rather sad with those holes in it. LOL!

.......okay, I couldn't stand it. The hope chest is now centered at the end of the bed. Just a footnote, the hope chest belonged to my mother-in-law before she got married. It's faded with age but I love it. Maybe next blog, I'll take a picture of the beautiful front on it.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like everyone's been really busy. That's great that so many people helped out with the move for Gran.

Your bedroom looks nice. I haven't seen the finished product.

Wudas said...

Your room looks beautiful!

Kelly O said...

Your room looks so pretty. makes me want to bring my kindle and cuddle up with you!