Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lazy Saturday

5 a.m. Woke up and it was sooooo cold I started a fire in the bedroom fireplace. I had D buy 1/4 cord of wood the other day so I didn't feel the least bit guilty for burning.

5:10 Watched fire roar to life, grabbed my Kindle and read.
7:30 Got up to take my morning pills and saw 9 deer lazing around on the hill. What's interesting is when they lay like that their heads are always up. If you look at the guy second from the right, he's actually laying down with his head rested in the weeds. That's unusual. In the 28 years we've been here, that's the first time I've seen one do that.
7:35 Came back to the bedroom, opened the curtain and saw snow. Duh....no wonder why I was so darn cold.

This is the snow on the hills out the bedroom window.
Found my Uggs and checked to see if there was anymore snow. Yep, these are the hills on the deck side of the house.

7:40 Went back to bed, grabbed my Kindle. Read for I don't know how long before I fell asleep and woke again at 9.

9:00 Brushed teeth, combed hair, grabbed Kindle and read until 11:30.

11:35 Got up added wood to the fire, got dressed and cleaned the kitchen. Which meant washed two plates, 3 glasses and 6 bowls. Two days worth of dishes.

Moved tax stuff to the office to work on later.

Wandered around, folded socks that were drying on the mantle, cleaned pellet stove, straightened family room, cleaned oven (okay, I pushed the button and set it for two hours of cleaning) and came in and loaded pictures for blog. Worked on blog and it's now almost 12:30.

Now I'll head back to the warm bedroom, sit in front of the fire and read until 2. Then I'll work on taxes and I've made the management decision to take a bubble bath at 4 and change the oil in my hair.

I have tons of embroidering to do and have decided to start it tomorrow. Since I'm off Monday, I considering Sunday and Monday my Saturday and Sunday embroidery work days.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like you're having a well deserved nice relaxing day.

Wudas said...

Good for you! You need a little time to yourself for yourself. Don't you just love your Kindle?

Kelly O said...

Ah the snow on the mountains makes me feel a little better. I was a bit jealous of the green and sunshine in the last post.

We are -18C today Burr.

What a great way to spend a cold day!