Monday, April 19, 2010

Sad & Happy....

Well here it is less than a week later and look how much the birds have grown. I can't believe how fast they got feathers and their little beaks grew. They'll be flying the coup pretty soon.

I think I'll make sure there are no plants in the pot this time next year so it can be used again. It's the least I can do.
Speaking of flying the coup. H moved to Boston Saturday. It was great having her here for 7 weeks. We got to renew our relationship so it was wonderful.

D was very sad and quiet Saturday night. Yep, it's true, he can actually be quieter than usual. H got all her stuff unpacked and her bed (which is huge) put together Sunday. She called Sunday evening and said she was walking 1/2 mile down the road to Trader Joes to do some shopping. I asked how many people were out and she said, "Lots! Everyone walks in Boston".

She has a few clients that have business back east, so they'll continue to have her do their hair. She's very happy about that. She said she doesn't miss her car payment and is looking forward to not driving since the two trolly lines are a short walk from her brownstone. It'll take her between 10 and 15 minutes to get to work.

Oh....the picture above? That's how she dresses for work. Yep, to the nines! She makes fun of the other stylists for not dressing professionally for their salon.

As a going away gift, all the women wore high heels for her. She said the next day they all complained about how much their feet hurt. LOL!
This is my view while I work. Tough huh? I'm looking at one of my favorite trees....a Japanese Maple when I glance out the door.
This is the desk. I sure wish I had room for one of these for PAW's. It's got tons of room and is very versatile. The negative is, it's about the size of a Volkswagon. Hahahaha!
If you look beyond the chair real close you'll see a huge bundle of wires. From day one, I've been eyeballing them thinking I was going to shove them behind the computer tower on the floor before someone trips on them.

Guess who tripped on them and fell? Yep, me. I was faxing some invoices and got my toe hooked in the darn things. I fell straight on my hands and knees and then landed on my side. I was laying on the floor praying no one would walk in and see me. I lucked out and was able to pick myself up and pretend nothing happened.

The bad news is, I hurt my back, neck, knees, wrists, right shoulder and palms of my hands. I'm pretty much on the mend now with the exception of the shoulder. I've been fighting a frozen shoulder (like the one I had on my left side) on my right side. When I fell, the shoulder forced back and I heard this loud snap and felt a pain that almost made me scream. The good news is, when I got up, I could reach up and backward which I hadn't been able to do before the fall.

I'm thinking my doctor wouldn't approve of how to unfreeze a shoulder but it worked. It's still very painful but a different kind of pain. I probably should go see the doc for a muscle relaxer and something to help reduce the inflammation. Yep, I'm thinking that should help.

Well, here's hoping I can stay in an upright position in the future! Hahahahahaha!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope that Heather is very happy in Boston. I will miss her.

Your work place looks very nice. It's alwasy nice to have a nice view at work.

Wudas said...

Hey, Sis, keep the bottoms of your feet on the floor. The head stays higher than anything else. Got it?