Sunday, June 28, 2009

Heat & Dogs

It was a nice balmy 107 (47.6c) today with a wind that was hot enough to put any dryer to shame. I was walking by the kitchen window, looked out and thought of you Pete. For family that don't know who Pete is, D and I sold mom and dad's retractable to him. He's become an official little brother to me.

Anyway, I've been meaning to respond to Pete's email he sent the other day but I've been busy with S & S's picnic reception. Making cupcakes then attending. Anyway, Pete was whining (yep, you were whining) about how cold it is in Australia. Freezing your little ...... off huh?

Well, I thought I'd send you some California sunshine.
Wasn't enough for you? Here's some more. It's 8 p.m. and 94 (34.4c) out right now. I'm praying for a nice monsoon wind to come up and cool the house.
The sun is setting fast, so get Linda and the kids and put your hands up to the computer screen and start getting those little pinkies warm. I'll answer your email tomorrow....I swear.
It's been a tough two weeks for Nana's dogs. As you can see Tess and Ringo are being completely abused and beaten. Yep, that's a diaper on Ringo. I release him from his wheels for an hour each night before bed time to exercise his hind legs. He actually had the nerve to go over to Nutties litter box, lift his leg and pee all over the corner. Oh...did I mention D and I were sitting in the family room and he was staring at us while doing it? Yep, the dogs got guts.

He's not thrilled about the diaper but it works for me. LOL!
Speaking of Ringo. I was in the kitchen, let him out to go potty and the next thing I knew, he walks up to me while I'm doing dishes. I did one of those...."What's wrong with this picture?" then realized he was missing his wheels. Somehow he was able to leave them behind by the lawn. The dude's an escape artist.
This is Nuttie teaching the guests the art of holding the comforter down so it doesn't blow off the bed in the high winds we get. They got a little miffed with me because I put them all on the floor after I brushed my teeth and washed my face. They actually thought that's where they were going to stay for the day. Silly dogs!
Boy, I'm sure gonna miss all the help I've been getting from Tess. She's actually a heck of a guard dog. She's just playing opossum here. It lulls the burglars into a false sense of security giving her the upper hand with the element of surprise.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You forgot to mention the fact that Tess is deaf. She only barks when she sees the other dogs barking. It looks like they had a rough time while Mom & Darryl were on vacation.