Saturday, March 24, 2012

Exhausting....

Well, there's a new toy in town. I took back the other Eureka vacuum and replaced it with this one. I'm very happy with it even though I've only used it once. It's bagless and very reasonably priced.

I looked at their top of the line but it was just too darn heavy to deal with. This one is light weight and surprisingly quiet for a vacuum.

Assembling it reminded me of putting the kids Fisher Price toys together when they were little. Talk about all plastic. Okay, I saw 4 metal screws! LOL! I guess if I had one complaint, it would be the cheap little tires. They're hollow plastic and I just don't see them lasting very long. We'll see...
I'm fighting with D to keep his stuff outside. His garage and shop look like cyclones hit. He brought these items 4 months ago to sell on CL or eBay and here they're still sitting on the floor in the office. Sigh....I caught him bringing more boxes and immediately turned him around and sent him back to the garage with the stuff. To say his nose was bent out of shape is an understatement. Hahahaha!
I came home from work the other day and the house was a wreck. How does one guy home alone and spending most of the day next door accomplish that? I couldn't see the top of the island, kitchen table or any of the kitchen counters.

I bit my tongue and immediately went to work cleaning. I couldn't even use the sink there were so many dishes in it. He just couldn't fathom why I was miffed. What's worse is it took me 50 minutes to clean the kitchen, family room, make the bed and clean the bedroom putting all of his clothes away. Now why he couldn't do that is beyond me. It must be a marriage thing.
I got up at 6:30 this morning and made myself some cereal, looked at this and went to bed to eat it and read. I must be getting old and senile because when I finished eating, the front of my bathrobe was soaked as were my sheets and blanket. I'd tipped my bowl too far and was spilling milk all over and didn't even notice. Okay, out of fairness, I didn't have any lights on and was reading and eating with a flashlight.

After D got up before going to work I heard this hammering. I came out and yelled, "You'd better not be hammering on that chair on my kitchen tile!" As I came out of the hall I heard, "Uh....ohhhh....I'm done." I did one of those pointing two fingers from my eyes toward him showing I was watching him. He just laughed at me.

See the stack of pants by my sewing machine? That is every cotton pickin' pair he owns. Each a every one of them is ripped or torn in one fashion or another. I ignored them today too. Maybe tomorrow I'll be in the mood to tackle the pile and reclaim that corner of my counter.

Well, time to go pull my sheets out of the dryer and start putting the bed back together. I always buy 400 count Sateen sheets. A couple of weeks ago I found a 600 count set of sateen sheets. I thought they'd be softer than the 400 but they aren't. Instead, I love the heavier feel of them and they seem to keep the heat of my body in them longer. When I go to the bathroom in the wee hours of the morning, I hop back in bed and it's still warm. I'm really liking that.

I'm thinking I just outgrew the 400 and now only 600 tc is in my future.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Wudas said...

Have you tried micro fiber sheets? I haven't yet but I'm thinking about it. I've always used 100% cotton sheets 300tc is minimum. I get screaming deals on them at Ross but you have do it pretty often to find the colors/patterns you like.

Sugar free jam recipes are on the piece of paper that comes with the pectin. It's just fruit but doesn't work with all fruit. I don't care for sugar substitute jams.

Shannon said...

Mom's correct, there is recipes for sugar free jam on the paper that comes with the pectin. There's also a no sugar added pectin.

I don't want sheets that hold in the heat when I use the restroom in the middle of the night. I wake up all sweaty and I like when the sheets have cooled off by the time I get back in bed.

Kelly O said...

I love flannel sheets, I got mine at Costco and I love them.