Saturday, March 17, 2012

Death and Dust Bunnies

I first must start this blog with a gratuitous picture of my granddaughter and her mother. I visited a week ago and was able to hug and cuddle her. She still has the new baby smell. It's great.

S took her in to change her diaper (no not that new baby smell!) and came out with her wearing this cute little tutu. My son accused my daughter in law of turning his daughter into a prost-a-tot. Hahahahaha! Only could my son come up with a phrase like that.

While I was visiting, my love of a son replaced the brakes and rotors on the front of my car. I no longer hear metal on metal when I stop. Yep, I'm ashamed to say they were that worn.

What did it cost me? Hmmmm a pumpkin spice Starbucks for my daughter in law. Homemade fried chicken for my son for his lunch. And....cuddling, kissing and playing with my granddaughter. Now that's what I call a screaming deal.
Well, we had a death in the family last week. Yep, I killed the vacuum. I bought a new belt for it because it was making a horrible noise. When I put the new one on, it didn't make a difference. D. inspected it and said the bearings were shot.

I paid under $200 for my little Eureka over 10 years ago and thought I'd stick with the brand. I bought this one because I loved my other one being bagless. I opened the box, placed everything neatly on the floor so I could put it together and out pops a bag. I look at the box again and they don't show emptying a bag but in smaller writing they mentioned it.

Back in the box everything went. It was very easy. It comes from having my first job folding and unfolding maps. I think growing up doing jigsaw puzzles also helps. Anyway, back to the store I go next week in search of a vacuum that doesn't take bags.
I hauled out the broom and swept the bedroom floor this morning. I'd used the shopvac to clean out the pellet stove in the bedroom so thought I'd just suck up the pile of dirt. When I turned around, the dogs were walking through it and spreading into the room again.
I vacuumed up my first pile of dirt and went back to sweep up what the dogs spread around the room and picked up quite a bit. I thought it would be nothing but those little paws sure can spread stuff around.

I find the bedroom hardwood floors are harder to sweep or dust than any of the other hardwood floors I've owned. I think it's because they're handscraped so not nice and flat. One or two passes just doesn't do the job. Oh well, they're beautiful floors so I'll grin and bear it.

I'm in a cleaning mood today. I've got goodies in the toilets waiting to be scrubbed and a kitchen that is asking to be swept and the counters shined. It's one of those, if I put my mind to it everything would be spic n span in less than two hours because it's not dirty, just dusty and cluttered.

So, off I go to get some things done before D gets home. Maybe tomorrow I'll check my email. I've neglected it all week. I'll make tomorrow my email and catch up on paperwork day. Yep, that works for me.

Have a great week everyone and I'll see ya'll next week.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

The dogs sure know how to make a mess.

Wudas said...

They make quick work of it too!

Kelly O said...

To Funny the doge making a mess, you should see the damage my kids can do.