Sunday, January 8, 2012

Nighty Night Santa!

Well, it's time to put Santa away for another year. This was a hard year not only for us but for many people. The tree was naked because D & I didn't exchange any gifts at all. But then, there's nothing we could ask for that would top the birth of little Em. Every cloud has a silver lining.
My sisters and I decided we'd make it easy on ourselves and instead of gifts, we'd give each other an ornament. I thought you'd enjoy seeing the beautiful ones I received.

This hummingbird is my favorite Birthday gift of 2011. The picture just doesn't do it justice. It's absolutely beautiful! Somehow the person who gave it to me knew I collected hummingbirds and thought ahead to Christmas. Thank you so much.
This is my favorite travel ornament, given to me by my sister A. I love the three D look it has, which makes it stand out on the tree. It's delicate like me. Yuck...yuck...yuck....a little Christmas humor there.
My sister E gave me this one. Santa here is my favorite sparkly character ornament. He's the traditional Santa and exactly what I would expect from her. Why you say???? Because she stops for shiny stuff. This little guy glistens all over. I could see her standing in front of a bunch of these in a trance with the shine in her face. I'll bet someone had to nudge or talk to her to get out eyes from rolling to the back of her head from pleasure. Hahahaha!
This is from my sister C. It wins the favorite sit and stare at it with my mouth open award. It's absolutely huge and I just can't quit looking at it. It sparkles in the day and it sparkles in the night. Yes, I suffer from the same 'shiny disease' my sister E suffers from.
Last but definitely not least, this is from my sister S. It's a traditional ornament that's very large and absolutely gorgeous. Ignore the yellow spot. That's the flash from the camera. I just couldn't get a good picture without that on it. Anyway, I love the glitter and that it's made of 4 different colors. Of course, she knows my favorite color is red so I would have been surprised if it had been blue. This is my favorite elegant globe ornament.

Now I'm thinking one ornament is missing. I think starting next year, I'll buy a special one for myself. I think I deserve it. After all, I put up the tree and take it down.

Speaking of which, I'd better get my tush in gear. I decided I'll get two things done today. Decorations put away and a control box for the well ordered, so it'll be here next week and we can quit playing russian roulette with the water in the morning.

Of course, I'm already ahead of my goal for the day. I spent all of 15 minutes cleaning the kitchen so it's pretty and sparkling. It's amazing how fast you can clean a kitchen when you had take out food the night before.

Now to crank up Pandora for the morning. My son got me hooked on it at Christmas. I not only play it at home on the computers but I play it at work when I'm posting payments or sending invoices. They're both kinda automatic non thinking functions so it's great to have music in my ears. Okay, just one ear. I need to hear the phone if it rings and answer it fast.

Hot dog, I'm a multi-tasker! Happy New Year everyone and here's hoping we all stay healthy, wealthy and wise this year. Do you hear that?????..... hubby of mine? I said, "Healthy!"

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Beautiful ornaments.