Sunday, May 22, 2011

For the Canadian Great Niece and Nephews

I thought I'd post some pictures for the Canadian branch of the family. My niece told me her kids were interested in the pictures of the wildlife we have in and about our yard so I took some today.

Okay, this one isn't quite wildlife. It's the bear. I haven't had a chance to get out and weed the yard yet so she's playing velcro and bringing them in to me instead.
The deer babies are starting to grow and I need to teach them where the boundaries of the yard are. I had two in the yard this afternoon. This little one was asleep under the trampoline until the dogs saw it and started barking.
Its buddy was happy eating the cherry plums that fell off the tree and were decorating the ground.
There were a few turkey hens wandering around this afternoon too. Usually there's a tom with them but he didn't show up until about 1/2 hour after I took this picture. There were about 7 hens in this group.
This tom seems to think he owns the yard. I'm going to have to get a paintball gun and tell him otherwise.
The turkeys are loud, dirty, noisy and scratch the heck out of the paint on the cars. And contrary to popular opinion, yes they do fly. They're stupid but they fly. Not like a conventional bird just enough to get them out of harms way and onto a roof or tree away from predators.

So my little Canadian great niece and nephews, this is what's going on in my backyard this May.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Paint ball guns are fun and work great on any animals.

Wudas said...

I'm with Shannon. The paintball gun is an excellent solution.