Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lots of Pictures!

Here's the difference between men and women. Last weekend we unloaded 100 bags of pellets. Because D's already taken one header off the back of the truck he got mad that I wouldn't let him unload them by himself. I moved them from the pallet to the tailgate. He then proceeded to move the first 50 into the family room.

The second 50 I unloaded from the back of the truck onto the tailgate then handed them to D through the bedroom window, where he stacked them into the spa room.

It was hard work but not once did he fall or get hurt.

We used to get our own wood but this year I had him order and pay for delivery. Now he fills the wheelbarrow and puts it near the front door so it doesn't get wet. He wanted me to pull the car all the way under the Portico and got mad when I stopped.

He see's the wheelbarrow as full and stable. I see a heavy weight ready to fall and smash the side of my car. So everyday, I put the car part way under the portico which drives him nuts. This is actually much closer than I normally put it. I'd prefer even more distance between the accident waiting to happen and the front of my car.
I think I posted a picture of this weeping willow last year. It's a shame the picture doesn't show how really yellow the branches are in person. It's breathtaking in person.
I love this time of year. Driving down the road in the morning on my way to work is very refreshing.
These flowering plums are just now starting to lose their flowers and will soon be blossoming out in beautiful purple leaves. They're very messy trees but beautiful.
I decided I needed to thank 4 people at work for all the help they gave me covering the front desk so I could pack up 15 rooms for our relocation.
I really enjoyed putting these designs together.
I loved the reaction from everyone. Neal snuck up behind me and I heard a excited whisper saying, "I love it! Love it! Love it! Love it!" Then he proceeded to tell me it was his birthday week so my timing was perfect.
I think I had the most fun with Lisa's because it took quite a bit of edits. She went nuts over this. I didn't have a clue not only was blue her favorite color, but this particular shade is what she's drawn to. Talk about luck choice.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Very nice embroidery. I love all of them.

Wudas said...

I'm with you on the carefully parked car. D has dropped shelving on the Prius! I'd be happy if he'd just wash it!

I love, love, love the eagle. But, of course, it all looks beautiful.

Kelly O said...

They are so so pretty, what a thoughtful thing to do for everyone that helped you out.

The Men/Women comparison made me laugh. Paul gives me grief for using the e-brake when the van is parked in the garage. Our driveway is a slope, why would I not engage the e-brake? He figures the garage is level so why would I engage the e-brake.

I think why ask for trouble?