Saturday, January 8, 2011

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.....

So now I'm trying to figure out if I'm married to Tim the Toolman Taylor or Humpty Dumpty.  I'm split.  Either one works for me.

Just a few days after our sitting with the family and saying how happy we all were to see 2010 behind us, 2011 shot in with a thud.  First, I'm suppose to tell you D is smiling.  He said if this went on my blog he wanted that said up front.  LOL!

He was unloading the pellets off the back of the truck and got light headed.  Instead of sitting on the wheel well, he decided he should climb down.  Well he didn't make it.  He took a header off the back of the truck and luckily his face broke his fall.  He has a hairline fracture of the right wrist, severe sprain on the left, split the inside of his lower lip open so it has stitches and broke his nose.  I told him I'm getting to old for this sh.....!

He was in the hospital from Tuesday morning to 6 p.m. Friday night.  He refused dinner because he wanted home made soup from his wife.

He's been on a heart monitor all week and had a little blip once.  That sent some cardiologist in who immediately wanted to do surgery and implant some sort of monitor in his chest.  Both our personal physician and son believe because he hadn't eaten since the previous day, and was bending up and down while straining, he slowed the blood to his head by the up and down motion along with straining the vegal muscle which slows the flow of blood to the heart.  They also changed his meds thinking it could have contributed to the lightheaded episode.

So if I can get that husband of mine to eat, keep fluids in himself, don't overdo and strain and keep his meds up to date, we should live to a nice long retirement age.  Hmmmm....I think in some worlds that's called moderation.

So here's to starting 2011 on a down note and ending it on an up one.




5 comments:

Shannon said...

Tell Uncle Dave to take it easy and that I hope he has a quick recovery. Let me know if you need anything.

Wudas said...

I found a couple of interesting products that might be useful for you. One is a collar that inflates to a helmet when you fall. It's designed for bicycle riders but I think I see another use for it. Another is a vest or jacket that inflates when you fall.

dwgnldy said...

I'll take a dozen of those please!

Kelly O said...

I don't which one of you I feel worse for; Uncle Dave is looking pretty beat up in that photo, and must be very uncomfortable and you must be worried sick about him.

I would be a train wreck if it were Paul and he does not take to kindly to being taken care of, do you know anyone like that?

I am so glad to hear that he is recovering nicely.

Wudas said...

Here ya go!
http://www.toxel.com/tech/2010/10/20/inflatable-bicycle-helmet/
And:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-air-bag/
And:
http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/inflatable-motorcycle-jacket-ar51591.html
Shoot! What am I talking about! Darryl could use these too!