Saturday, August 29, 2009

Whine...whine...whine...

I'm absolutely melting in this heat. It was still in the mid 80's and very stuffy in the house last night. The outside temperature finally got a few degrees cooler then inside last night at 11:15. I opened the house, turned on all the ceiling fans and went to bed.

It was comfortable but not it's normal cool in the house this morning. The thermometer in the shed said 78 degrees at 6:30 a.m.. I went out to water the tomatoes and came in dripping in sweat. You'd think sweating this much I'd lose some water weight. Hahahaha!
Okie dokie ladies. I came across this huge skein (?), bolt (?) of yarn. I remember mom was going to make me a skirt and top with it but the cancer got to her before she could do the project. I have a big red one around here also. It should show up in my cleaning some day.

Anyway, can any of you ladies use it? I don't want it and don't want to throw it away. The pictures don't do it justice. It's actually a pretty yet neutral grey color.
It's hard to tell but this stain is a dark dirty brown, not yellowish and light like it tooks. These have been showing up and driving me nuts. I finally figured out what they are. When we spill something on the carpet, I'm a good girl and get the spot remover and clean it up right away. Well, I think this is the soap residue that attracts dirt from your feet when you walk over it.
I got out the shampooer yesterday morning when it was cool and just put cold water in it. No carpet shampoo. You should have seen the suds that came up. I think it's going to take about 4 or 5 attempts but I might get it all up. I actually took a spray bottle of tap water and soaked the spot, sucked up the water with the shampooer and look at how clean it looks.

To the naked eye it looked perfect. When I viewed the picture, I could see where the camera (flash) picked up dirt that's still left in the carpet. I'll tackle it again when it's cool enough where I can move without breaking a sweat. LOL!

3 comments:

Wudas said...

The last couple times I shampooed the carpets in the bedrooms I just used water. I came to the same conclusion as you did. Plenty of soap already there.

Do you happen to know what that yarn is made of? If you burn a bit of it with a match and it doesn't melt or burn it's probably wool. Wool is naturally anti-flaming. Also I can't tell what size the yarn is could you take another picture with a coin stuck in the cone. Yup, that's a cone of yarn. But I am interested.

Wudas said...

If you find any old knitting needles you don't want and just want to give them a good home. I'm all over it. I love old knitting needles.

Kelly O said...

Paul's grandma taught me to use sudsy ammonia in in steam cleaner. It leaves no residue on the carpet for the dirt to stick too. WOrks great and is very inexpensive.

Use the same ratio as you would with the soap you were using before.