Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Digitizing Lessons



I bought this horribly expensive digitizing lesson a few weeks ago.  I was disappointed when I received the first lesson because it's in print on a CD.  Which means I have to print up a hard copy before moving on with a lesson.  I got the impression from the description that I'd be following along with someone actually doing the design on video.  I get frustrated when I have to take time out to read the lesson then try and decipher what the heck they're saying.  It takes so much longer for me to get through it that way. 

Anyway, after a couple of hours work, I digitized the above flowers.  They turned out pretty good, especially for a first shot.  The design was a simple clip art cartoon drawing and I converted it to thread then manipulated the thread design in each peddle.

This flower is the actual test.  I take what I've learned from working on the flowers above and use them for this little ditty.  

The book gives me written instructions of what the flower is to look like, then I'm suppose to do it.  This flower turned out so good I'm actually sending in my first sew out to be graded.

The nice thing about grading the project is, they'll tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it if they see something amiss.  

 This is the only official digitizing course recognized and backed by a major country.  So when I finish the lessons, I'll be a certified digitizer by the country of Australia.  That means, if PAW's goes belly up in this economy, I can get a job with pretty much any large digitizing company.  Of course, making money for someone else isn't my cup of tea so the diploma is pretty much for my personal self esteem.

Well, that's it for today.  I think I'll attempt working on the motorcycle patch that's been giving me so much grief.  I can't find anyone to do such a small patch job.  The only guy who says he'd do it didn't do a nice job on the sew outs.  )&(^%((*)_!  That's why I need to become a crack shot digitizer.  OYE!

4 comments:

Wudas said...

Wow it looks great! Is it software specific?

Shannon said...

Very cool. I think it looks wonderful.

dwgnldy said...

The digitizing program is software specific. I bought it because it teaches how to run Generations.

The Aussies are pretty smart. Sell Generations (an Aussie product) then sell a government approved lesson. Smart marketing if you ask me.

Kelly O said...

Wow that is pretty cool. It looks great, don't forget to tell us what your grade is!