Sunday, October 14, 2012

First I was sad and then I was happy.

I've been reading like a mad woman because I've been sitting on my bum so much.  For the past 5 days I haven't been able to load books on my Kindle. ;-(  Last night I tried again and thought it was strange I could load a sample but not the book.
This morning a light went on over my head so I came in opened my Amazon account and sure enough my ATM card on file had expired.  I put in the new expiration date and within minutes I'd loaded the book I'd just finished reading a sample of.  Now I'm {;-).

Oh and Tony while I'm thinking of it.  When you're done with the series you're reading right now, check and see if you can get Testimony of Two men by Taylor Caldwell on Kindle.  It's one of my all time favorite novels.
I've got the Lopi wood burning insert on CL and a bunch of 914 parts.  I have a guy coming out in a couple hours to buy these seat backs and wants to look at the other stuff I have listed.  I need to get my butt out to the entry hall and dust these babies off.

A couple came out the other day to look at the Lopi.  Talk about ummm...hmm...how can I be nice about this...STUPID.    I told them it's about 600 pounds and to bring help and a pick-up truck.  We're asking $500.  They show up in a SUV (uh duh!) pick up one of the mirrored sidelights put it down wrong and it falls and the mirror breaks.  Guess what they did next....this is really good...are you sitting down....are you ready?  They offered us $150 because of the broken mirror.

D said he had to hold his temper and just about bodily threw them off the property.  The downside to CL over eBay is the jerks you have to deal with in person.  Oh well, if they have the money, I might be able to tolerate and idiot for a short time.  

I've been known to hang up on idiots who haven't seen what I'm selling (especially a car) and rip it apart on the phone.  My comment is usually something like, "Well if you think the price is too high and it's not worth it, then why'd you call?  I don't want to talk to you anymore." and then I hang up.

Years ago when I was selling my mom's 57 Ford some guy ragged on the phone about it and offered me $6,000.  I told him he was wasting my time and I wasn't going to talk to him anymore and hung up. He called me back and said, "I didn't mean to make you mad, let's talk.  I think I can offer a little more".  I told him, "You're so offensive, I wouldn't sell the car to you if you offered me full price.  Go ahead and find a 57 Ford for $6K." and then hung up on him again.  I sold the car for $15000 a few weeks later.
D was laughing at me this morning because he came in the office and saw how I keep my foot elevated.  I open the bottom drawer of the desk and the bottom drawer of the file cabinet, throw a small pillow down and stretch out.  I usually have a minimum of 1 wiener dog in my lap.  Right now it's only the Nut because Nissie is outside in the sun.
I went back to work last week.  I have to say I really needed this weekend to rest up.  I just love Photoshop.  I went armed with the above poster.  Mark is constantly doing mean things to me.  He liked to push the tray for the mail onto the front desk making the mail fly all around.  Before I left, I taped it down so he started picking up the bundles of envelopes and tossing them to the ground.  He's tried to lock me in my bosses office, in mail room and so on.  He's a little boy in a big boy's body.  Hahahahaha!

I put these posters up Monday when I got to work.  He pulled one down with a smirk, put it in his pocked and walked away.  I said, "Don't worry, there are more where that came from!!!"  He was a great sport and actually said that was one of my best jokes.  He even took a poster home for his wife to see.  LOL!

All week people were coming up to me and asking if Mark really did crush my foot.  Hahahahaha!  It was great!

Well, D is at work and I was going to make minestrone soup for dinner but I just don't feel like standing and cutting up all those veggies.  I'm thinking a scrambled egg and toast will fit the bill just fine.  So I'm going to end my saga of the past week and go out and rustle up some simple grub.









5 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy.

Wudas said...

I love the poster too. I wondered if you went back to work too soon. Please take care of yourself.

Alicio Isac Nhabomba said...

Splendid nice

Unknown said...

Hello,
We snowhiteseventhavenue read your blog..i like your post
baby blankets- handmade in India : snowhiteseventhavenue

thank you

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.